The primary purpose of the library’s meeting rooms is to provide appropriate space for library meetings and programs to support and promote the library’s mission of providing free and easy access to informational, recreational, and educational materials. However, when the rooms are not being used by the library, they will be available for use by individuals and groups on an equitable basis regardless of the beliefs and affiliations of the individual or group.
For meeting room booking inquiries, please call or stop in at the library.
Meeting Room Policy in PDF format.
|Silver Creek Room
Approximately 40-person capacity with tables & chairs or 95-person capacity with chairs only. The room includes a projection screen and digital ceiling projector, sound system, counter, sink, and refrigerator. There is also a coat rack area and access to the patio, with ADA restrooms nearby.
Approximately 24-person capacity with tables and chairs or 60-person capacity with chairs only. The room includes a projection screen and digital ceiling projector, sound system, counter & sink.
Approximately 10-person capacity.
Approximately 4-person capacity. The digital piano typically resides in this room – please see the Piano Policy for details on digital piano usage.
Rooms may be used at no cost for: Educational, cultural, intellectual, governmental, or charitable meetings, forums, presentations, and similar activities.
The Silver Creek and Nash Rooms may be used at a cost for:
• Programs involving sales, advertising, solicitation or promotion of commercial products or services.
• Personal, company or family parties or similar activities.
Rooms may not be used for:
• Any purpose that interferes with the regular operation of the library.
• Any illegal activities.
- Silver Creek and Nash Rooms – $30 for up to two hours; $10 per additional hour or portion of an hour.
- Charge for use of any library space outside of library hours will be $50 per hour, with a minimum of one hour. This may be in addition to the room charge, depending on usage.
Payment is due within seven days of making a room reservation. If payment is not received the reservation will be cancelled. Reservations cancelled 48 hours or more in advance will receive a full refund. Meetings cancelled less than 48 hours in advance up to the start time of the reservation will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be issued after the start time.
- Individuals and groups using a meeting room must follow the library’s Behavior Policy and adhere to this Meeting Room Policy.
- All users of the Silver Creek and Nash Rooms must have a signed agreement on file. It shall be filled out annually for those using the rooms at no cost and shall be filled out each time the rooms are used at a cost.
- Room reservation requests will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rooms may be reserved up to three months in advance. Room reservation requests beyond three months in advance are subject to approval by the Library Director.
- Staff reserves the right to transfer a reservation from one room to another provided that the new room meets the requirements of the initial reservation.
- Events that are disruptive of normal library operations are not permitted and any disruptive activity shall immediately be ceased upon notification by staff.
- Meeting rooms are available during open library hours. If a room is desired outside of regular library hours, a request may be made to the Library Director. This option will be provided only when library staff are available and is subject to a fee.
- All meeting areas must be vacated at least 15 minutes before library closing time. A fee will be charged if not vacated by closing time.
- The meeting rooms must be left in a neat and clean condition. Cleaning supplies and a vacuum are provided. Table and counter surfaces as well as floors must be cleaned before vacating the room.
- Nothing may be attached to walls, windows, ceilings, doors, or furniture of any of the rooms. No signs or posters promoting a meeting or program may be placed anywhere in the library without the permission of library staff.
- Any breakage or damage to library property shall be paid for by the individual or group using the room. The person who made the reservation will be held accountable.
- Admission fees may not be charged, except for programs sponsored by the library or those pre-approved by the Ripon Public Library Board of Trustees on a case-by-case basis.
- Children’s groups may use the meeting rooms if they are supervised by one or more adults.
- The library has a digital projector, laptop computer, and Meeting Owl available to reserve for use in the meeting rooms. There is no charge for use of the equipment, but the users are responsible for any damage that occurs to it when they are using it.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Failure to comply with Ripon Public Library policies will result in termination of the violator’s meeting room privileges.
- Individuals or groups denied use of the room may appeal to the Ripon Public Library Board of Trustees.
Permission to use a meeting or conference room does not constitute endorsement of the user’s policies, presentation, or viewpoints by the Ripon Public Library. Anyone using a room shall not publicize the event in any way that implies it is sponsored, co-sponsored, endorsed, or approved by the library unless permission has been granted in advance by the Library Director.