Interlibrary Loan Services
You can also fill out a paper interlibrary loan request form at the library.
When you can’t find something in our online catalog, known as WebCat, the library might be able to order it through a service called Interlibrary Loan (please note that this is different than the daily book delivery service provided by your Winnefox Library System). Simply search for an item using WorldCat, and then fill out an online request form or a paper form at the library.
Interlibrary Loan Guidelines:
- The WorldCat database includes library listings for all libraries throughout the United States
- DVDs and CDs must be at least one year old and all other items must be at least four months old to be eligible for Interlibrary Loan
- Some requests may not be filled; other may take up to a month or more to arrive
- Items must be returned by the due date set by the lending library – occasionally, the loan peroid will be as short as a few days!
- There is no charge for Interlibrary Loan services; however, patrons will be limited to no more than 5 outstanding requests at a time, and may be limited further if staff feel that a patron is abusing the system. Remember, the service may be free to you, but libraries incur shipping charges both ways.