Job Posting: Library Page
We’re seeking applicants for the Library Page position. Library Pages work approximately 8 hours per week, evenings and weekends, at the Ripon Public Library. Candidates must be courteous, dependable, detail-oriented, and energetic.
Applicants must be at least 16 years old at time of application.
Duties include shelving library materials, checking items in and out on a computerized system, and helping people use the library. Lifting and carrying objects up to 40 pounds may be required. This is a permanent position. $10.75 per hour.
Apply at the Ripon Public Library, 120 Jefferson Street, Ripon, WI. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Classification Level: I
Qualifications: High school student or graduate; dependable, industrious, personable, detail-oriented, familiar with arrangement of library materials, computer literate. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds, pick materials up from the floor, reach areas six feet high, push a loaded cart.
Benefits: Pro-rated holidays.
Work hours: Evenings and weekends, occasional days during the summer; average of 8 hours per week.
- Assist senior staff with operations at circulation desk when busy, including checking materials in and out, helping patrons find materials, handling fines and fees, and answering telephone calls.
- Shelve books, videos, audios, magazines, and other library materials.
- Keep materials on shelves neat and in order.
- Pick up and put away materials left on tables and counters.
- Assist with opening and closing of the library.
- Assist Director, Adult and Youth Services Librarians with projects as assigned by Director.
- Perform minor cleaning and upkeep (e.g., clean and dust books and shelves, wipe down surfaces, restock supplies).
- Senior page(s) may assist with training of new pages.
Approved by the Ripon Public Library Board of Trustees February 28, 2023