April 15-17 Book Sale Information
- A limited number of low contact appointments are available Wednesday and Thursday - call the library for information.
- Thursday, Apr. 15, 4:00 - 7:30 (Early Bird sale - $3 cover charge or free for Friends members WAIVED for the spring sale - subject to change)
- Friday, Apr. 16, 10:00 - 5:00
- Saturday, Apr. 17, 10:00 - 3:00 BAG SALE! $3 / bag (Bag Sale applies to Last Chance Room only; Showroom will be open at regular prices.)
Individual low contact appointments are all reserved.
For the safety of volunteers and other shoppers, please note the following COVID-19 related policies:
- Face masks, properly worn, are required for all shoppers and volunteers.
- Ages 8+ only.
- Social distancing required.
- Do not attend the sale if you are sick.
- Number of shoppers in the sale area will be limited - you may experience a wait to get in.
- Low contact appointments may be made by calling the library before the sale.
- Contact the library prior to the sale to check for any COVID-19 related changes
- Last Chance: $.50 for all hardback and large paperbacks / $.25 for small paperbacks / $.10 for kids' books. Magazine bundles have been restocked.
- Show Room: $2 for adult hardback books / $1.50 for adult trade and large paperbacks / $.50 for adult small paperbacks / $.50 for kids' hardback / $.25 for kids' paperbacks or special sticker prices. Music CDs $.50 / DVD's $1 or $2.
- Nash Room: $.50 paperbacks
Newly expanded sections:
- Civil War History
- Western fiction including selection of Zane Grey paperbacks
- Indigenous history
- Social Justice
- Young Adult fiction
- Agatha Christie mysteries (newly acquired collection of vintage paperbacks)
- Vintage book sets never offered before
New Show Room displays:
- BOATS - from canoes to ocean liners
- ART - a large newly acquired collection of mostly "like new" books. Drawing, painting, design, art appreciation and coffee table books.. Most suitable for giving as gifts.
- BODY-MIND-SPIRIT - Beautiful selection of books covering many topics such as gems & crystals, aroma therapy, tarot card reading, mysticisym and the spirit world, and indigenous peoples' spiritualism.
- VINTAGE BOOKS - many that we have never before offered. Special items: late 1800's German Bible and civil war book, sterescopic viewers
- MARILYN MONROE COLLECTIBLE CALENDARS reduced to $5 each.
Credit Cards will be accepted for purchases of $10 or more during the April sale.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! If you would like to help with clerking at the book sale, please contact the library.
General prices will be: $2.00 for hardcovers / $1.50 for trade paperbacks / $.50 for small paperbacks (specials priced as marked)
A majority of funds raised by the Friends of the Library comes from their used book sales. Many library programs and events are in turn funded by the Friends.
Year-Round Book Sale Display
For patrons who just can't get enough of the Friends of the Library book sales, or who miss the semi-annual sale, fear not! A selection of book sale items is now on display near the library's front desk - and it's open year-round (cash or check only)! Hardcovers are $2.00, trade paperbacks are $1.50, and small paperbacks are $.50 (specials priced as marked) As with the regular book sales, all proceeds benefit the Friends of the Library, a nonprofit organization whose fundraising activities help make many library programs possible.
Donations for the Used Book Sales:
Donations for the Used Book Sales are accepted throughout the year and can be left in the book sale donation bin, just inside the library's front entrance. We cannot accept moldy/mildewed books, encyclopedias or textbooks.